Our vision ‘Knowing each child, Growing each child, in God’s love’ sets out our school aims of ensuring that each adult and child is valued as an individual, challenged to be the best they can be – growing both academically and spiritually, and encouraged to live out key Christian values with a focus on love, respect and forgiveness.
Our curriculum is designed to support our aims to help each child to:
- Develop a love, resilience and independence for learning
- Live life to its fullness and try new experiences respecting Christian and British values
- Be friendly and inclusive to all
- Contribute to our school and wider community
- Choose a lifestyle with healthy bodies and minds
Our Teaching and Learning policy sets out our philosophy and approach in more detail.
Below, you will find our Curriculum Intent Statements. These set out an overview of what will be taught, the sequencing of the curriculum and key objectives to achieve by the end of each year group and end point (EYFS, KS1, KS2).
Teachers use ‘knowledge organisers’ in Years 1-6 to set out knowledge and skills that will be taught. A summary of these are shared with parents through termly curriculum newsletters. These can be found on our website under Curriculum/Class Curriculum Newsletters